How do I get a Ethiopia visa?
Visas are required for foreign citizens traveling to Ethiopia. Foreign nationals may apply for a visa online in advance of travel. Applicants may complete the e-visa application form and make payment online with a credit card or bank transfer
Submit the simplified Ethiopia visa application. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete. It is an easy process.
Our visa experts review your provided information if it all matches the Ethiopia visa application requirement.
Once your Ethiopia Visa application is lodged we will send you a confirmation email with all necessary details.
Ethiopia Visa information for United States citizens
All American visitors traveling to Ethiopia are required to obtain a visa in order to gain the right to enter. Instead of having to wait in long queues at the Addis Ababa Bole International Airport to get a visa on arrival, from June 1 2018, US citizens have been able to apply for and obtain an Ethiopia eVisa or electronic visa online.
Ethiopia eVisa e-Visa application form US citizens
The Ethiopian visa application for American citizens only takes a few minutes to complete as the online form is very simple. You can apply Ethiopia visa online easily through Phone or PC anytime from anywhere, you must complete the Ethiopia visa online application in three steps.
How can US citizens get Ethiopia visa online
Getting an Ethiopia tourist visa for United Statescitizens through the automated system is quick and easy.
Ehtiopia e-Visa information regarding minors
e-Visa Requirements for United States citizens
- Passport with at least 6 months of validity from the date you intend to enter the country
- Travel Passport Bio-page
- A recent passport size digital photo in color
- Travel Itinerary
- Proof of Living Hood
- Yellow Fever Vaccination see more details
Ethiopia Visa vilidation for US citizens
The validity of Ethiopian e-Visa for US citizens starts from the date of entry to Ethiopia you selected while applying your application not from the date of issue.
Ethiopia eVisa extension for United States citizens
Visa extensions can be granted by the main Immigration and Nationality Affairs Office in Addis Ababa at least a week prior to your current visa expiry date. You can apply online for a new eVisa while still in Ethiopia.
Types of Ethiopia eVisa for citizens of United States
Ethiopia and United States maintain strong and rich diplomatic relations and have done since 1956, with Ethiopia being one of the largest receivers of international assistance from United States.
- 1, A single-entry visa will expire once you leave Ethiopia, regardless of the number of days you did use out of the 30 or 90 days granted. In the case of re-entry, tourists should apply for a new Ethiopia Visa..
- 2, Should you wish to extend your visa, you should be able to do so while still in Ethiopia by physically going to the Main Immigration and Nationality Affairs Office in Addis Ababa at least a week prior to your current visa expiry date. Or you can apply online for a new eVisa while still in Ethiopia. In case you overstay, you will have to pay a fine in full before leaving Ethiopia or may even risk imprisonment.
- 3, If you are looking for a multiple-entry visa, then you have to go through the conventional method by going directly to the Ethiopian Embassy or Consulate near you after having set up an appointment first.
- For US citizens transiting through Ethiopia without leaving the airport between flights, no transit visa is required.
- Whereas, holders of service or diplomatic passports of any country, except for Somalia and Pakistan, can enter Ethiopia visa-free for a period of up to 3 months.
4, Ethiopia Investment Visa - IV: This is a visa issued to foreign nationals who are engaged in investment activities. It can also be issued to potential investors who wish to come and invest in Ethiopia. The Validity of the Visa starts counting from the date intended to Enter Ethiopia Travelers can request for extension before the visa expires.
5, Non-Governmental Organizations(NGO) Work Visa - NV: An NGO visa is a visa issued to those foreign nationals who are invited by NGOs operating in Ethiopia for Employment or short term assignments. The Validity of the visa starts counting from the date intended to enter Ethiopia. NGO Visa cannot be extended. This type of Ethiopia Business visa is for 30 days single entry.
+ NGO Work Visa. 1, passport-size photo of the applicant, 2, Official application letter was written by the inviting organization and addressed. and 3, Registration License of the inviting organization.
The Ethiopia eVisa Sample
Visa is also granted on arrival at Addis Ababa Bole International Airport for visitors with an invitation letter attending meetings, seminars, or workshops organized by the African Union participants of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa conferences and meetings.
Ethiopia Visa Costs | Ethiopia Visa Check
Pre-Approved Multiple Methods of Payment Amex, Visa, JCB, Mastercard, Unionpay etc
If you have not received a copy of your visa in five business days, please contact us immediately. However, make sure you go through your junk or spam filters first as well as any third party email filtering software.