How do I get a Tanzania visa?
Visas are required for foreign citizens traveling to Tanzania. Foreign nationals may apply for a visa online in advance of travel. Applicants may complete the e-visa application form and make payment online with a credit card or bank transfer
Submit the simplified Tanzania visa application. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete. It is an easy process.
Our visa experts review your provided information if it all matches the Tanzania visa application requirement.
Once your Tanzania Visa application is lodged we will send you a confirmation email with all necessary details.
Tanzania Visa Online Information
You can now apply for an Online Visa to visit the United Republic of Tanzania (both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar). You are required to fill in the online visa application
Tanzania Visa: It is a electronic authorization granted by a Tanzania Immigration to a eligible foreign nationals, allowing them entering the country, remain within, or to leave the country. The eVisa system allows visa applicants /international travellers to apply for their Tanzania evisa in the easiest way through anywhere in the world. Types of Tanzania visa: Single Entry visa for 30 days, Multiple Entry visa for 90 days, business visa, Transit visa and Referral Visa. Simplified procedure to visitors from worldwide. Online Application Form
Tanzania Tourist Visa
Tanzania Tourist Visa: Visas are required for all citizens traveling to Tanzania. Foreign nationals may apply for a visa online in advance of travel. You can now apply for an Online Visa to visit the United Republic of Tanzania (both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar). Apply for Tourist Visa Online
Tanzania Embassy visa online
You can now apply for an Online Visa to visit the United Republic of Tanzania (both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar). You are required to fill in the online. Complete Online Visa
Tanzania Visa Validity
The validity period of the Single Entry eVisa is 90 days after arrival , while for the multiple entry eVisa, the validity period is 1 year after arrival. However, under the Multiple Entry eVisa, visitors can only stay up to 90 days Per Entry. Check Tanzania Business Visa. Check Tanzania Visa Validity
Tanzania Visa Extensions To extend your e visa, you need to visit the immigration center which is located in Dar es Salaam. It is not possible to extend the validity online, as of now. Therefore, to extend your visa, you need to visit the immigration centre there, and fill out the application form. See how your visa can Extend
Tanzania Visa Application
Applicants must complete the Tanzania Visa application form then provide the relavant process documents via email. Within 3-7 business days, Tanzania approval eVisa will send to your provided email in attach PDF. Passport must be at least 6 months validity from the date of arrival. Visa Application Form
Tanzania Visa Online FAQ
- Click “APPLY NOW” button;
- Complete the Tanzania e-Visa Apppcation form Online”;
- After completion of filling an online visa application form, the apppcant will have to pay for a for respective visa fee;
- Upon successful payment, the online application will start reviewing by one of our visa expert;
- After, an email of confirmation and required documents notification will be sent to the provided email address.
- Then, the applicant will have to send the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lastly, the applicant will receive a message of confirmation of the apppcation being processed with an official Apppcation ID.
- In less than 7 business days, the applicant will receive a notification of the visa resolution.it will be sent as PDF via email.
Tanzania Visa Requirements
- 1. Copy of the apppcant’s valid passport (biographic data page, at least 6 months);
- 2. Duly filled in the declaration form
- 3. Return ticket of the flight (not mandatory);
- 4. 50 USD visa fee; + Service fee
5. Two passport size photographs ( for those lodging their apppcations through embassies).
Tanzania Business Visa Requirement?
4. Return ticket of the flight;
1. Copy of the apppcant’s valid passport (biographic data page, valid at least 6 months);
2. Valid passport or national ID of the person to be visited in Tanzania (host) OR;
3. A covering letter of the host Institution detailing the reasons and frequency of Visits OR;
4. Attached Certificate of the marriage of a spouse and a passport/national ID, if the applicant comes to visit a spouse OR;
5. Any proof that justifies that a visitor is required to visit the United Republic of Tanzania frequently.
6. Return ticket of the flight (not mandatory);
7. 100 USD Visa fee;
1. Copy of the applicant’s valid passport (biographic data page);
2. 30USD visa fee.
3. An entry visa or onward ticket to the intended country of destination;
1. Apppcant Valid Copy of Passport;
2. Applicant Valid copy of Passport (biographic data page);
3. Covering letter from a legally registered Institution Company if the visit is official or covering letter from an Individual who knows the applicant if the trip is personal, the letter must detail the purpose of visit and duration of stay of the prospective visitor;
4. 50 USD Visa fee
Please Note: Referral Cases application will be processed within two months.
Types of Tanzania Visa
1, Tanzania Single Visa 30 days: This type of Tanzania visa (Single Entry Visa) is granted to foreign nationals for Visit visa, Tourism visa, Leisure visa, Holiday visa, attending Conference, Humanitarian and charity activities, Family Visit, Health Treatment or any other purpose any other related activities recognised by Laws of the country.
Single entry 30 days Tanzania Visa Requirements
Tanzania Single Business Entry Visa: This visa may be issued to those expatriates who wish to come for short-term assignments which in any way do not exceed 90 days. It may be issued to such foreign expatriates so as to allow them to enter in the United Repubpc of Tanzania for the following purposes.
This e-Visa may be issued to foreign visitors who come for Official visits, Government Missions, family re-union or any other circumstances as may be determined by the Office of the Commissioner General of Tanzania Immigration, which call for frequent visits to the United Repubpc of Tanzania. These are like Directors of Companies registered in Tanzania who do not reside in the country, Spouse or member of a family (Family re-union), Bilateral Agreement Representatives, Private or Government Consultants, etc.
Tanzania Multiple Visa For American Citizens
This Multiple is also issued to American citizens who wish to come for Holiday or Tourism purposes, as they are not entitled to Ordinary Visa. The maximum validity of this Visa is 12 months. However, the holder of the Multiple Visa cannot stay in the country for twelve (12) consecutive months. They are required to leave the country at most every three months. American nationals, they are required apply for this type of Visa. American nationals who wish to visit Tanzania for tourism or holiday purposes, they are required apply for this type of Visa.
This Visa may be issued to foreign nationals for the purpose of transiting through to another destination outside the United Republic of Tanzania for a period not exceeding seven days. The apppcant of this visa may be required required to provide proof of a Visa of the destination country and/or Onward flight ticket.
There are two modalities of application for Referral Visa Applicants. The first one, which is recommended, is for applicants to seek permission clearance first, through their host in Tanzania. In this case, the host submits the request letter detailing the reasons and duration of stay of the visitor, to the commissioner General of immigration, or the commissioner of Zanzibar, if the applicant wishes to visit Zanzibar. In this modality, the applicant while applying Online will attach his photo (passport size), Passport/Travel Document (biographic data page) and a permission letter granted. His application will be processed within five working days
The second option is for applicant to apply direct online
The second option is for applicant to apply direct online
Any prospective visitor whose nationality falls under the Referral Visa Category is required to attach the following attachments while making apppcation:
Planning Travel to Tanzania
All international passengers to Tanzania must complete an online Health Survey within 24 hours of arrival. A separate Health Survey is required for Zanzibar.Tanzania Fully vaccinated
Fully vaccinated passengers are exempt from pre-departure testing requirements. Passengers will be required to present a valid vaccination certificate with a QR code for verification upon arrival. The only acceptable vaccines are those approved by https://www.moh.go.tz/en/ the Ministry of Health of Tanzania and the WHO.Not fully vaccinated, or Unvaccinated
Passengers who are not fully vaccinated, or unvaccinated and those not eligible for vaccination due to their country policy, will be required to present a negative Covid 19 RT PCR (Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction) or NAATs (Nucleic Acid Amplification Tests) certificate with a QR code obtained within 72 hours before departure.Key Information for Travelers to Tanzania
- Make sure you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines before traveling to Tanzania.
- If you are not up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, avoid travel to Tanzania.
- Even if you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, you may still be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19.
- Anyone 2 years or older should properly wear a well-fitting mask in indoor public spaces.
- If you have a weakened immune system or are at increased risk for severe disease, even if you are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines, talk with your clinician about your risk, and consider delaying travel to Tanzania.
- Follow all requirements and recommendations in Tanzania.
Contact Visa Support: Our Agency aims is to assist individuals and legal entities in their administrative travel document and paperwork to enter Tanzania, 24/365 Customer Care & Support.