How do I get a Tanzania visa?
Visas are required for foreign citizens traveling to Tanzania. Foreign nationals may apply for a visa online in advance of travel. Applicants may complete the e-visa application form and make payment online with a credit card or bank transfer
Submit the simplified Tanzania visa application. It takes less than 5 minutes to complete. It is an easy process.
Our visa experts review your provided information if it all matches the Tanzania visa application requirement.
Once your Tanzania Visa application is lodged we will send you a confirmation email with all necessary details.
Tanzania Visa Information
Tanzania Visa: It is a electronic authorization granted by a Tanzania Immigration to a eligible foreign nationals, allowing them entering the country, remain within, or to leave the country. The eVisa system allows visa applicants /international travellers to apply for their Tanzania evisa in the easiest way through anywhere in the world. Types of Tanzania visa: Single Entry visa for 30 days, Multiple Entry visa for 90 days, business visa, Transit visa and Referral Visa. Simplified procedure to visitors from worldwide. Online Application Form
Tanzania visa application form?
Tanzania eVisa is an online visa which allows eligible citizens to travel to and around Tanzania and Zanzibar for tourism and leisure purposes, or to visit family and friends.
How can I Apply for a Tanzania Visa?
eVisa system allows travellers to apply for their Tanzania visa in the easiest way through anywhere in the world and allow them to make the payment online. The travellers are able to receive the visa within a few days by email.
Tanzania e-Visa Requirements
- Copy inter passport (bio page, valid at least 6 months);
- A clear Front face photo as passport face photo size.
- Proof of Accommodation;
- Return ticket of the flight (not mandatory);
- Yellow Fever Vaccination.
Tanzania e-Visa Validity
Tanzania e-Visa Extension
Tanzania Tourist Visa
The Tanzania Tourist Visa: Visas are required for all citizens traveling to Tanzania. Foreign nationals may apply for a visa online in advance of travel. You can now apply for an Online Visa to visit the United Republic of Tanzania (both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar). Apply for Tourist Visa Online
Types of Tanzania Visa
The types of visa for Tanzania vary from single entry visa, multiple visa, to other types of Tanzania visa such as business visa or transit visa. You can consult the Tanzania visa types to understand which type of visa you need for your trip, depending on the reasons for your visit, as well as the planned.
1, Single entry 30 days Tanzania Visa: This type of Tanzania visa (Single Entry Visa) is granted to foreign nationals for the purposes of Visit, Tourism, Leisure, Holiday, attending Conference, Humanitarian and charity activities, Family Visit, Health Treatment or any other purpose any other related activities recognised by Laws of the country.
Tanzania Single Entry Requirements
- 1. Copy of the apppcant’s valid passport (biographic data page, at least 6 months);
- 2. Duly filled in the declaration form
- 3. Return ticket of the flight (not mandatory);
- 4. 50 USD visa fee;
5. Two passport size photographs ( for those lodging their apppcations through embassies).
Tanzania Business Visa.
Tanzania Single Business Entry Permit: This visa may be issued to those expatriates who wish to come for short-term assignments which in any way do not exceed 90 days. It may be issued to such foreign expatriates so as to allow them to enter in the United Repubpc of Tanzania for the following purposes.
Tanzania Business Visa Use for
- 1. To conduct special assignments such as fixing/repairing machines or to run short term training, etc.
- 2. To conduct short time professional roles such as auditing accounts, making feasibility studies, establishing professionals and business contacts, making arrangements for investments during the startup period etc.
- 3. To conduct any other short term lawful business-related task recognised by the laws of the country and as may be determined by the issuing authority.
Business visa will be issued at the Immigration Headquarters, Dar Es Salaam, the Immigration Head Office, Zanzibar, Entry Points and Tanzanian Consular Offices abroad.NB: This Visa is neither renewable nor extendable unless a special pemission is granted by the Commissioner General of immigration.
- 1. Copy of the apppcant’s valid passport (biographic data page, at least 6 months);
- 2. A work contract or invitation letter or any proof of the work/assignment to be performed within a period not exceeding three months;
- 3. 250 USD visa fee;
Tanzania Business Entry Permit Requirement?
4. Return ticket of the flight;
Tanzania Multiple Entry 90 days eVisa
This evisa may be issued to foreign visitors who come for Official visits, Government Missions, family re-union or any other circumstances as may be determined by the Office of the Commissioner General of Immigration, which call for frequent visits to the United Repubpc of Tanzania. These are like Directors of Companies registered in Tanzania who do not reside in the country, Spouse or member of a family (Family re-union), Bilateral Agreement Representatives, Private or Government Consultants, etc.
Tanzania Multiple Entry Permit For American Citizens
This (Multiple) is also issued to American citizens who wish to come for Holiday or Tourism purposes, as they are not entitled to Ordinary Visa. The maximum validity of this Visa is 12 months. However, the holder of the Multiple Visa cannot stay in the country for twelve (12) consecutive months. They are required to leave the country at most every three months. American nationals, they are required apply for this type of Visa. American nationals who wish to visit Tanzania for tourism or holiday purposes, they are required apply for this type of Visa.
Important Note:The maximum validity of this Visa is twelve months. However, the holder of the Multiple Visa cannot stay in the country for 12 consecutive months. They are required to leave the country at most after every three months. The Multiple Visa is not intended for those visitors coming on business purposes such as those described under Business Visa category.
Tanzania Multiple Entry Permit Requirement?
1. Copy of the apppcant’s valid passport (biographic data page, valid at least 6 months);
2. Valid passport or national ID of the person to be visited in Tanzania (host) OR;
3. A covering letter of the host Institution detailing the reasons and frequency of Visits OR;
4. Attached Certificate of the marriage of a spouse and a passport/national ID, if the applicant comes to visit a spouse OR;
5. Any proof that justifies that a visitor is required to visit the United Republic of Tanzania frequently.
6. Return ticket of the flight (not mandatory);
7. 100 USD Visa fee;
Tanzania Transit Entry Permit
This Visa may be issued to foreign nationals for the purpose of transiting through to another destination outside the United Republic of Tanzania for a period not exceeding seven days. The apppcant of this visa may be required to provide proof of a Visa of the destination country and/or Onward flight ticket.
Tanzania Transit and Requirement
1. Copy of the applicant’s valid passport (biographic data page);
2.30USD visa fee.
3. An entry visa or onward ticket to the intended country of destination;
Referral Visa/Please Note:
There are two modalities of application for Referral Visa Applicants. The first one, which is recommended, is for applicants to seek permission clearance first, through their host in Tanzania. In this case, the host submits the request letter detailing the reasons and duration of stay of the visitor, to the commissioner General of immigration, or the commissioner of Zanzibar, if the applicant wishes to visit Zanzibar. In this modality, the applicant while applying Online will attach his photo (passport size), Passport/Travel Document (biographic data page) and a permission letter granted. His application will be processed within five working days
The second option is for applicant to apply direct online
Any prospective visitor whose nationality falls under the Referral Visa Category is required to attach the following attachments while making apppcation:
Tanzania Referral Entry Permit requiremen
1. Apppcant Valid Copy of Passport;
2. Applicant Valid copy of Passport (biographic data page);
3. Covering letter from a legally registered Institution/ Company if the visit is official or covering letter from an Individual who knows the applicant if the trip is personal, the letter must detail the purpose of visit and duration of stay of the prospective visitor;
4.50 USD Visa fee
Please Note: Referral Cases application will be processed within two months.
Eligible Countries for Tanzania Visa on Arrival
List of Countries which their Nationals require Referral Visa.
- Equatorial Guinea
- Kyigten Republic
- Sri Lanka
- Somali land
- Sierra Leone
- Stateless persons or persons with refugee status.
Tanzania eVisa Eligible countriesCitizens from the countries listed below are eligible to apply online to enter Tanzania. Nationals wishing to travel to Tanzania require a visa. Travellers to Tanzania or Zanzibar can use the online version of the visa for a stay of up to 30 days.
- Aland Islands
- American Samoa
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Democratic/R of the Congo
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Faroe Islands
- Federated States of Micronesia
- French Guiana
- French Polynesia
- Ivory Coast
- Marshall Islands
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- North Korea
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Pitcairn Islands
- Puerto Rico
- Russian Federation
- Saint Barthelemy
- Saint Martin
- Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- San Marino
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Saudi Arabia
- Sint Maarten
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Svalbard and Jan Mayen
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- United States Virgin Islands
- Vatican City
- Wallis and Futuna
Visa Not Required: Country list
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Ashmore & Certie Island
- British Virgin Island
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- Channel Island
- Cocoas Island
- Cook Island
- Christmas Island
- Falkland Island
- Heard Island
- Hong Kong
- Isle of man
- Isle of man
- Naue Island
- Norfolk Island
- Papua New Guinea
- Ross Dependency
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- St. Helana
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Turks & Caicos
- Trinidad and Tobago
Tanzania Visa Costs | Tanzania Visa Check
Pre-Approved Multiple Methods of Payment Amex, Visa, JCB, Mastercard, Unionpay etc
If you have not received a copy of your visa in 7 business days, please contact us immediately. However, make sure you go through your junk or spam filters first as well as any third party email filtering software. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org